New Landscaping

New Landscaping
Beautiful new landscaping

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August Board Agenda

Well this is the busy time of the month for me as we get ready for the monthly board meeting. This month we are meeting on August 19th at 7:00 at the school. In my role, I met today with Dr. Daugherty to discuss the agenda and what the Lord might have in store for the school and the Board this year. I always enjoy visiting with Dr Daugherty, and the excitement and energy at the table today still has me going. We talked about facilities, web sites, volunteering, and what is the main thing(see earlier post for several of these topics). I am also planning on visiting all of the Committees (Development, Facilities, Planning and Finance - where I serve as chair) to get a feel for their work.

Below is the Board agenda for the meeting. It does not have a lot of detail about the topics this time, but we will work on that. I am also hoping that after the meeting, I will be able to post a high level summary of the meeting. In the Scripture reading, I plan to present a case for raising the bar on our commitment to prayer based on the book of Nehemiah. Pray for me that I might deliver the challenge as the Lord would have me do so. In the Chairman's Welcome, I want to further challenge us to keep a couple things at the top of our list this year: communication (listening and sharing) and effectively monitoring the health of the school and responding appropriately. Pray for the Lord to provide us wisdom to do so.

In the coming days, I will share topics from the Finance Committee - enrollment numbers, final budget status from last year, and other issues. Looking forward to seeing you at the Ice Cream social on August 15th!

Scripture Reading & Prayer
Agenda Revisions
Chairman's Welcome
Campus Chatter
Committee Reports - Facilities, Development, Planning, Finance
Standard Business - reviewing the minutes
Old and New business - none identified right now
Information sharing - enrollment updates

No comments:

Post a Comment