New Landscaping

New Landscaping
Beautiful new landscaping

Monday, July 12, 2010

Getting Involved

There are many reasons I am still involved in Maranatha even though my daughter graduated several years ago. I love the mission of the school which I will talk about in a later posting, I love the interaction with other parents who think Christian education is something worth sacrificing for, and I love working with kids who are Christians and want to do right. It has been so rewarding to coach the high school girls' basketball teams. Wonderful girls with wonderful hearts for the Lord and for each other. I got an additional blessing on Saturday as I was a witness to another side of a few of those girls.

Cassie Fulk, Mollie Chapin-Patch, Brittany Espinoza and Haley McConnell gave up their Saturday afternoon and worked diligently in organizing a chaotic Athletic Closet in the gym at the North Campus. We worked for hours sorting, carrying, organizing, disposing, etc. In fact we started by pulling everything out of the closet. When we had it spread out on the gym floor, it was hard to believe it would all go back in, let alone go in neatly. But through persistence, hard work, much laughter and conversation, we did it. The results are very satisfying. In addition the opportunity to see these girls work and enjoy each other's company was a blessing I won't soon forget.

I hope all of you will seek out opportunities to experience what Maranatha is all about outside of shuttling your kids to and from school or school activities and paying their tuition and fees. The joy of Maranatha is the Lord and his people. Mingle, work, play, talk and engage. You will love the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment