New Landscaping

New Landscaping
Beautiful new landscaping

Monday, May 23, 2011

Graduation

Highlight of the year. That is what I told several people as I anticipated the start of the proceedings. I was certainly not disappointed. A wonderful blend of memories, performances, speeches, fun, family and honoring our young people as they completed this step in the journey of life. It is wonderful to be able to honor our Lord and our country throughout the event. I look forward to hearing stories of how these graduates impact our world for our Lord.

We certainly missed having Dr. Daugherty there, but he will get to review the video. When I visited him in the hospital I asked him if he had any special handshakes I should practice in anticipation of me filling in for him. I was trying to be humorous. Little did I realize he had about 5 or 6 pointers for me as it was more involved than I thought. Good thing I heard those pointers as I had to grab the robe of a couple graduates to keep them from running off the stage too quickly. What fun! And what a blessing for me as several of these young people I have had considerable amount of interaction with such as Brady Bergerhofer, Kelsey Davidson, Drew Swank and Devante Williams. In fact the Bergerhofers are real close friends, so I have witnessed Brady's growth from newborn to graduate. What a joy!

Well, we will be praying for you graduates. Keep seeking the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment