New Landscaping

New Landscaping
Beautiful new landscaping

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Progressive Dinner

At the school auction, I bought a slot for my wife and I to participate in a Progressive Dinner with other Maranatha families. And, wow, am I glad I did! It was a wonderful evening of fellowship with parents I had not met before, had visited little with and catching up with those I did know. We had elementary parents hearing perspective from high school parents, parents with kids only at the North Campus hearing from parents with kids just in the South Campus. It was a fun evening just enjoying each other's company when everyone had something in common - Maranatha. Plus I made some connections that may help my daughter as she looks at getting a job in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. You never know who you will meet and the new friendships you may start.

Of course the hospitality and food was incredible - we went to the Schneider, Raydo and Welch's homes for appetizers, entree and desserts respectively(there were other host families for entrees, which helped divide up the work). I highly recommend that those with the gift of hospitality consider helping draw the Maranatha family closer together, by offering more of these kind of events.

What can you do to encourage that closeness of family?

No comments:

Post a Comment