New Landscaping

New Landscaping
Beautiful new landscaping

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Personal Ministry

I hope you will oblige me a moment as I ask you for your help in a personal matter not connected to Maranatha.

The Lord has really been challenging me to obey Him in the area of ministring to the poor and others with desperate physical needs. He has used the book by David Platt that I gave to our basketball girls at the end of the season titled, "Radical: Taking Back the Church From the American Dream". I encourage you to read it, as I think that if enough of us respond to this level of obedience demanded by our Lord, we would greatly impact our families, school, church, community and world.

But enough preaching and to my point. Because I don't normally rub shoulders, much to my chagrin, with those that are poor and hurting, I need help in finding these people. I mean the ones that are really hurting. I met some in Mexico and my hope is that I can help them, but I am looking nearer to home first. I have some ideas about how to do a ministry, so I need contacts and or locations I can get started. I am also interested in hearing of good local ministries that I could join with. I am talking with my church to see what they do and am exploring other resources, but any advice you want to send me would be welcome. Send to my email at mschultze21@yahoo.com or give me a call or text at 913-645-8901. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment