New Landscaping

New Landscaping
Beautiful new landscaping

Monday, December 6, 2010

That is what I call a WIN!

No we did not win on the scoreboard nor did we even score more points than we did the previous night. However we did accomplish something much more important.

After Thursday night's performance of low energy, minimal commitment to what we had practiced, poor fundamentals, etc, I challenged the girls pretty strongly after the game. When I went down to give the pregame talk the next night, I was pleasantly surprised - although not shocked - to find that the captains - Emma Vavricek and Cassie Fulk - had called a team meeting during the previous quarter of the boy's game. The whole team had agreed on some goals for the team and went around the room and each girl took accountability for their part. I was so blessed by this! They covered every aspect of what I was going to cover about the mental and heart part of dealing with adversity and competing in games. All I had to then discuss was a few strategies and plays and they were ready to go. Parents of these girls, I am just confirming what you probably already know...you have some wonderful girls quickly learning how to deal with life in godly way.

So maybe we all could learn from these families: Vavricek, Hunt, Fulk, Espinoza, Meyer, Bennett, Chapin-Patch, McConnell, Buckner, Kyle and Kroening. I have! And this is why I believe in the Mission of Maranatha.

No comments:

Post a Comment