New Landscaping

New Landscaping
Beautiful new landscaping

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Looking to the future

Every month I have the privilege of sitting down for lunch with Dr. Daugherty to talk about leadership of the school. We spend a lot of time thinking about possibilities. Things like how do we increase salaries and benefits for our teachers, how do we pay off the loan for the North campus, how do we attract new families, what kind of facility would meet the needs of the future we are contemplating, and how do we get all of the Maranatha family engaged in the Lord's work here.

It is an energizing time for me because of the potential and real impact of our school on the world. That impact happens today when our football team invites the visiting team to kneel with them in prayer after the game and it will happen tomorrow when your student lives and shares the gospel in college and the work place.

So I believe that it is our duty to passionately plead with our loving Father to bless His ministry at Maranatha to further that impact. I also believe that we all should enthusiastically, persistently, and sacrificially invest ourselves and our resources in our students to prepare them for a life in His service.

As mentioned in my previous post, the Board and Administration are working diligently to develop a Master Plan for answering the questions I asked above. I believe that as we become unified in the direction we take with the school, God will do a wondrous work in our midst. I am certainly praying to that end.

No comments:

Post a Comment